Sunday 28 April 2013

Catching up at the weekend

Well, hello and welcome to Sunday. You see, I seem to have lost Saturday- For those eagle eyed amongst you, you might have noticed no Saturday snaps- It wasn't for the want of trying, I had it all up and ready for posting on Friday night, but lost Saturday!
Saturday disappeared for a full 24 hours, of sleep, fever and spending time lying on the cool tiles of the bathroom floor.- Hopefully it was just a bug and it has now gone!
 Anyway Sunday morning it is - and even though its a bit late, here's my Saturday picture.
 
 
 
This was the sunset on Friday evening- Straight out of camera and uploaded. I just loved the combination of blues and pinks. We do get some amazing sunsets.
 
I've also managed to find '52 Weeks of Happy' snaps for this week too.
 
Wk17
22nd - 29th April 2013
 
A) This is the Mosque that I pass every morning on my way to work. The light from the early morning sun catches the dome everyday and sunrises always makes me smile. I also like the fact that we live in a very diverse community. We have a Mosque, A Hindu Temple, A Catholic Convent, and 2 different churches all on the same street!
B) Dirty Dishes in the sink might not me the nicest thing- but I love having people over to cook for- It makes a nice change rather than just cooking for one and so this is the end result! Lots of washing up and empty glasses says it all!
C) Brand new little swallow chicks- Or they could be swifts- I'm not so sure. But they have made a nest in our roof at school. They can't possibly get any rest with 250 children running about!
D)From one extreme to another - this is the evening on the same day as my sunrise picture. Not the best photograph of Mount Kinabalu- but as it's covered in cloud so much of the day- actually seeing it peeking through, is quite special.
So that's it - 4 more 52 weeks of Happy.
 
I'd like to say a big hello to all my new followers including Julie at Home Jules. It's so nice to be part of the blogging world and get to see what everyone else is up to.
 
I hope everyone has had a good week. Until next time :)
Amanda x

12 comments:

  1. Hope your feeling better now, lovely sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm felling a bit better thanks- We had another wow sunrise and sunset today too- But you can only take so many photos- right?

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better now. Lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing sunset - what beautiful colours! Hope you're feeling better now.

    Thanks so much for the mention - I don't know if that's the reason but my traffic has shot up today! Also thanks for visiting and commenting. I'd noticed from your profile that you grew up in Cumbria so I'm glad you enjoyed my little visit to your home county. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, Cumbrian Born and bred!- you can take the girl out of Cumbria but you can't take Cumbrian out of the girl etc etc. I have very strong apron strings and still cheer when I cross over the county border! You must be a fellow Northerner?

      Delete
    2. Yes, Lancashire born and bred and will probably always live there. I practically weep with joy when I'm coming home from down south and see the 'The North West' signs on the M6!

      Delete
    3. My granddad was a Lancashire lad and so I have an affinity there too:)

      Delete
  4. I love to cook for people too; it's just not the same if I'm the only one eating it. I'm sorry to hear you were sick, I hope you're back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling a bit better thanks, although not up to cooking for me - let alone anyone else!- Unless they like dry crackers :)

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous sunset. Enjoyed your happy pictures too. Thank you very much for the Leibster award nomination - I am very pleased and flattered, thank you!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, I really enjoyed reading your blog- and I love the name!

      Delete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)