Wednesday 1 May 2013

May Already!- May Matters -Day 1

Ok, I'm on a mission to do something this month. No big revelations or promises but just a determination to get on with something...Not sure what though...

 
 
May already!
 
 
This morning another month began and it was a sudden realisation that it was MAY! Where did the rest of the year go to? What happened to Spring? Why am I reading comments about counting down to summer when my head is still firmly convinced we've just come through winter! I could blame the lack of Spring like weather and cold spells that the UK has had to endure, but I live in the tropics not in Blighty- I shouldn't be confused!

But I am- I really don't know what I've been doing with myself, but this year is slipping away, way too quickly and before I know it, it will be the end of the school year and the whole process will start again. Where has the time gone? But more importantly.. what have I got to show for it?


At the beginning of the year I started a memory jar, which was all going well, until I realised I can't remember the last time I put anything in it! Not exactly the way I intended it to work! Its not like I haven't got lots to put in, but just that I haven't had the time, inclination or thought to do so...And that my friends is the heart of the matter. You see a memory jar is a great way of recording memories and look back and remember the small things that happen over the year- but what's the point of remembering things on December 31st, when really we should be taking more notice of what's going on as it happens- day by day. Not only making memories but savouring them as well.

My Memory Jar- Not exactly Full!

So with that in mind, I have decided to make May a month that matters to me. (That's a nice bit of unintentional alliteration- I like it!) Anyway, as I was saying I'm going to try and savour the small stuff- the little bit of nothings that make the 'somethings'.
My memento wall-Bits and pieces of things that have made up my year.

I haven't really decided the 'Hows, Whys and Wherefores' of the matter, but I do know it will all start here. A daily posting...(And as I only have a little over 3 hours left of the 1st of May I best get on with it!) to share something- It may be a picture, a story, an idea, a memory, a revelation, a slice of everyday life, but it will be something. May's memories, moments, matters, minutes, minute, morsel ... 

Until tomorrow :)
 Amanda x

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm looking forward to this! I think it's a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea, I 'll look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was only saying the same thing about how quickly this year has gone to someone at work today. I really like your May morsels idea and looking forward to what you come up with. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking that the other day that the year is slipping away. Good luck I look forward to your month.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)