Friday 5 July 2013

Another Year Gone By!

 I discovered today ,that the best way to feel good about yourself was to ask a child how old did they think you were- It's also the best way to feel OLD very quickly!
Kids don't have a clue when it comes to adult's ages- anything that is over 20, is just old!!!
So according to my class, I look 23, 28. or 34- I liked the way this was heading... And then someone offered 53, and then 70! I told you, they have no idea!! and decided then to stop before it got ridiculous.
When I told them my actual age, I got replies of ' That's older than my Dad!; and 'Wow, you are old'- Thanks kids!- You certainly know how to bring me down a peg or two.
 
Today is my birthday , So I decided that I would show some photos tonight of  my birthday over the years. I have been very lucky to have spent my birthday, in many different places with some many fantastic people
2008
2008 saw a family get together and walks on the beach at home in Cumbria. I had just returned from South America and would soon be flying off to the states for a couple of years.
 
2009
 
A great birthday at the Grand Canyon. As part of a west coast trip we had 3 days around and about the Grand Canyon. Helicopter rides down into the valley, watching sunsets and sunrises and spending it with my best US buddies.
 
2010
 A year later, I was at Gettysburg, for a battle re-enactment and celebrating the 4th of July too!
 
2011
In 2011, having returned back to Cumbria, I had a very enjoyable birthday spending the night in a Yurt. This Mongolian tent experience was great, except I was sharing it 30 school children! Yes- it was an overnight field trip- great timing! But the kid's frequent bathroom breaks in the middle of the night, did mean that I saw the sun both rise and set on my birthday.
 

 2012
A Borneo Birthday- work friends took me for a Zip wire experience and then for afternoon tea. This was actually at the weekend following my birthday as the actual day was spent at work and then an evening performance of our school play. We'd been working on it for months- and I don't know whether I was happy that it was my birthday- or just relieved it was all over!
 
2013
And Finally... Today. Spending the day at school, kids singing Happy birthday every time I came in the room, homemade cards and copious amounts of cake and doughnuts - It all made for a good day.
 
It's still not over yet! It's our End of Year Dinner this evening, so I'll be heading out to that- But I can imagine it might be a late night.. I have no excuses-and will therefore be on that dance floor boogying down until the wee small hours- I may be a year older- but I'm not going to let the younger ones get the better of me!- Age is just a number isn't it!
 
Oh and as I bet you're all wondering, I'm now 46! Aahhhhh!
 
Until next time, with or without a hangover!
Amanda x

18 comments:

  1. Well a very happy birthday to you, you have had some great ones. I hope ou have a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes we had a good fun night- although my feet are sore from dancing in heels!

      Delete
  2. You have to boogie on your birthday! Hope you have a super time so you can add happy memories of this year to all those other ones:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we all went for a boogie- there were some very strange moves- but it was enjoyable:)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Amanda! You're a mere spring chicken still.
    Kathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so- I certainly don't feel my age- :)

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday Amanda! I hope you're having a wonderful day. Your cake looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtesy of the local cake shop. I actually had 2 cakes- a lovely carrot cake for the staff at school and a chocolate one for the kids top share:)

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday Amanda and hope you had a fantastic evening. The cake looks amazing! (I'll be joining you at the very same age in less than a month!).x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1967 was obviously a good year then:) Happy Birthday.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday! It looks like you've had some fantastic birthday over the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I do try:) Thanks for the birthday wishes.

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday! I wonder where you will be next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll still be here in Borneo, but I'll have to think of something else to do next year:)

      Delete
  8. Happy belated birthday to you Amanda! You've certainly celebrated your birthday in style over the last few years, and in so many amazing places too. I hope you enjoyed the party. That cake looked amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. you're right I have been lucky. The cake was pretty good too! The kids loved it-I have a great photo of all my class about to dive in and eat it:)

      Delete
  9. Happy belated birthday Amanda! I envy the exquisite way you celebrate your birthdays!Having spent them in all these diversive places are wonderful memories! So, I wish you that the birthdays to come will be at least as exciting as the past ones and spent with your beloved ones! And 46? Unbelievable! You look more like 26!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! 26 sounds far better than 46. mind you I would be very happy with 36!:)

      Delete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)