Tuesday 17 September 2013

10 Things Tuesday - Bali Doors

Another Tuesday and another 10.
 This time to continue my Bali theme, I found some images of the many doors I had photographed whilst on holiday. I have a bit of a thing for taking pictures of windows and doors- but in Bali, there's an awful lot of them.
Bali custom dictates that houses are planned and built in certain ways. A group of buildings within a  walled compound, hidden behind a huge door. On either side of the door, statues guard the entrance, protecting the house.
So here we go, various doors found around Bali- some ornate, some plain, some open, some closed:)
 1.
A sneaky peak into the garden behind:)
2.
Very elaborate! 
3.
 4.
5. 
 
 6.
 Very Colourful and pretty
 7.
8.
 This one was right next to the sea- It looks a little weather beaten!
 9.
 Nice Carving:)
 10.
 This one was at the hotel; So ornate!
 Ok so there's more than 10! Thirteen on Tuesday!
 11.
 
  I love the muted colours of this one
  12.
This door was open-with a Ganesh statue peeking out from inside.
 and Finally -13. 
Ok this one is technically not correct- but it was such a lovely example of design that I wanted to include it:)
 
So a few more shots of Bali- and still a few more to come.
Enjoy your week:)
 
 
Amanda x

3 comments:

  1. Amazing doors and a lot more interesting than my plain white UPvC! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the weathered old doors, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that the doors are so different! American subdivisions are monotonous in their similarity! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)