Sunday 29 December 2013

Twixmas!

Twixmas- The time of year between Christmas and New Year. I hope everyone had a Wonderful Christmas wherever you are.
Christmas for me was bittersweet- It was lovely being home, spending time with friends and family, but it's also been very quiet, hard work and a little unsettling. Caring for my dad, although only for the few days I have been here, has been hard- How my mum copes I have no idea- It has been nice to spend time with the pair of them though.
 
So now I'm taking stock, looking back over the last year and looking forward to the next one. Christmas maybe over, but I have 6 days left before I head back to Borneo- more people to see, places to go, sales to shop, food to eat and photos to take.
 
I'll be back tomorrow with my last couple of 52 Weeks of Happy.
Until then, Amanda x

12 comments:

  1. I must remember that word, Twixmas, I've never come across it before. Happy New Year x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that word Twixmas too! Sorry you found Christmas bittersweet, hope you enjoy the rest of your time in the UK. We always found when we lived aboard that we never had enough time to see and do everything that we wished to do.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so very true, the days certainly are flying by:)

      Delete
  3. Sorry that it has been a tricky time for you. I hope though that you have had some enjoyment and made some happy memories to take back with you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thanks, there's been some pleasant times too:)

      Delete
  4. I've never heard that word before, but I like it! I'm sorry it wasn't such a great Christmas, but it must be nice to be together. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time there. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twixmas was always used by a UK coach holiday company to advertise their breaks between Christmas and New year- and It seems to get used a little more now:) Hope you had a good Twixmas too!

      Delete
  5. I rather enjoy 'twixmas' lots of gentle days when you can relax and enjoy the company of family and friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the rest of Twixmas Amanda and I look forward to a continued blogging friendship in 2014. Happy New Year.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very happy new year to you, I hope your dad is doing better.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)