Sunday 29 June 2014

The Beginning of the End!

That's it!- The boxes are shipped, the reports are done and we are into the final two weeks of term. The first of our leaving do's have been and gone and the first of many tears have been shed. But I'm on a roll and actually enjoying it all- in a strange way. I'm actually making the most of things, enjoying the fuss and panic mode that has set in and embracing the challenge of moving 12000km back home! It wouldn't actually be truthful if I said I was looking forward to going back to the UK- I love my life here too much for that- but there's been lots of changes in my small world and things that have happened to others I know and it's like..well, life's too short to sweat the small stuff- so get on and do stuff.
My blogging life has taken a bit of a back seat for a while but amongst the madness that is my life at the moment- something had to give- but a little and often is what i'm hoping for, until i get back on track anyway.

We had a girly game's night to kick off the goodbyes- nibbles, drinks, good company and a few silly games. It was a fun night that somehow involved modelling clay, pinning the tail on the Proboscis Monkey and  a game of 'Whose the most likely to?..It's all very strange how grown adults resort to playing children's party games and still love it!

We had a little more sedate celebration too. This time was to say thank you for all our Teaching Assistants. In all the day to day mayhem of primary teaching it'd not often we get to appreciate our TAs, so this was just a little something  for them.

Then we get to yesterday. It was a glorious blue skied, breezy (and boozy) day on a boat, with some of the best friends anyone could wish for. We had a fabulous time, in one of the most prettiest places you could imagine and it's all here on our doorstep. Awesome! And even though I did shed a tear...as it was still all a bit sad thinking that this was one of the last times we'll all be together (7 of the 10 of us are leaving Borneo) ..it was such a great day and more happy memories to take home with me.

So the countdown begins..production and parties next..and then a fabulous holiday in Australia.. I think excitement is slowly creeping in. :)

Until next time, 
Amanda x

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are making the most of your time and enjoying yourself. I hope that the holiday in Australia is a great one and that you can keep finding lots of fun and joy in life whatever the future turns out to hold. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've been able to enjoy yourself more lately. I hope the rest of the move goes well. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your enjoying your self and making the most of your time you have left. When are you heading to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, coming over to Sydney on the 27th July and heading up towards Brisbane. Looking forward to it.

      Delete
  4. You have had some wonderful experiences and I am so glad I found your blog, for you are allowing me to share in a bit if your world too. Wishing you many happy days in the uptime you have left there - you are clearly making the most of it :).

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)