Monday 25 August 2014

Breakfast over Budapest

Well hello and good morning. Again I have apologies to make for the lack of posts but here I am again. My morning started 40,000 ft up in the air eating breakfast above Budapest and watching a beautiful sunrise on the horizon. I was on my final long haul flight from South East Asia to the UK...finally coming home.
Everyone who knows me, knows that it was a hard decision to chose to leave my life in Borneo and come home, but as I watched the sunrise this morning, pale orange light glinting off the wing tip and filtered by the clouds, it felt right. I have had a fabulous time over the last three years and yet this morning's sun came up asit does everyday and It made me think a little. A new dawn, a new day and a new phase in my life. 
I may not have a job to go to, or a space of my own.. Indeed I have no idea of what my next phase will turn out to be at all...but in a way it's quite a liberating thought.

The last few weeks have been an epic roller coaster of emotions about leaving and also having great experiences and holidays whilst I could. The last week for example saw me parasailing, scuba diving, snorkeling in pristine seas, wildlife spotting in the jungle and having great nights out with friends.  A brilliant way to finish a brilliant time abroad.


So even though I may spend some time hankering after the past, today I'm also looking forward.
Bring it on!

Amanda x

6 comments:

  1. You will have lots of happy memories
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as though you have had a wonderful time Amanda, and I hope that whatever the future brings and however things turn out that you will enjoy yourself and still be able to find some time for travelling every now and then. You never know, this might be the best thing that has ever happened in your life for some reason! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos and so many great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delighted to hear that your hard decision feels right and the beginning of something new, rather than just an ending. I look forward very much to What Amanda Did Next :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda, no idea if you are checking on your blog right now, but I just wanted to say hello and check in to see how you are doing? I hope that you are home safe and sound and that all is well and that you are just busy getting on with life. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda,

    I have missed your posts, just thought I'd drop by to say hello! I hope you have settled back in the UK now and things are going ok for you here.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)