Wednesday 7 January 2015

Wanderlust Wednesday...Close to Home.

It's pouring down with rain, the wind is blowing and it's a dark and dismal evening. Thoughts quickly turn to blue skies and warm sunny days. I've been lucky enough, over the years, to visit lots of amazing places and many of these fit that bill. 
So I thought I'd revisit some of my photo albums and find some snapshots that I haven't previously posted. I can't guarantee that you may not have seen them all, but I'll do my best not to duplicate. So each Wednesday that's what I'll be doing...dreaming of far distant shores.
Today though, I thought I'd start a little bit nearer home. A few photos that I've taken over the last couple of weeks, whilst I was on holiday over Christmas. Again, I'm lucky enough to live in a beautiful part of the world, so it just goes to show you don't have to travel far to 'escape' from the day to day minutiae of life.
It might not be the sunniest of days but it's a pretty view over towards Bassenthwaite.

A little closer to Bassentwaite and the Northern fells in the foreground.

This one is a little further over towards the Western fells.

Where I spotted some very early snowdrops.

Over towards the coast you can look towards Criffel on the Scottish side of the Solway Firth.

This is one of my favourite places and where we spent many a day  down on the beach as children. 

I love getting down onto the beach and looking for sea glass and pottery. It's not abundant but I can usually pick up one or two pieces.

On the drive back the sunset was glorious.

Even though this isn't the best photo ever, as it was taken through the window of a moving car, I quite like the blurriness of the grasses in front of the birds flying into roost.

On the way home the  view of Skiddaw, covered in snow, was lovely in the late afternoon light.

And I thought I would finish with an early sunrise, taken out of the upstairs window.
So you see I don't have to go very far to see  beautiful things. I have it all around me. It's not a bad place to live, is it?



5 comments:

  1. So beautiful! The Lakes are one of my most favourite places in the world. Something about the mountains/water combo I think. Lovely to see the snowdrops, they are very early aren't they, it must be a very sheltered spot I guess. Soon it will be Wordsworth's daffodils! Thank you for taking us along on your walk! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Amanda! You do live in a beautiful world! How lucky you were to grow up where you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply divine. Stunning photos Amanda. P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos really show off the lake District to their best advantage - how lovely to have this so close!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)