Wednesday 11 May 2016

Currently

I'm feeling very fortunate at the minute, having a little bit of extra time off and having nice weather to enjoy it. Soon it will be back to work and more of a regular routine. So I thought I would share some of the little things that have making my world recently.

A little bit of change to the mantle piece! After it being festooned in Easter Bunting and sporting bunnies and chickens, it's now gone for a spring look! 
I hunted around the house and managed to find some turquoise glass in different guises. It will stay like this for a while until I can find something else to show off.
Having more time to spend having leisurely breakfasts has meant that I have been on the lookout for some new foods to try. Now I have a slight obsession with lemon curd, well curds in general, and found this one earlier on in the week. Needless to say it's fast becoming a favourite.
One of the nice things about being off is that I've had some nice days out with my mum and grandma.
This week we ended up at Brough Castle on a beautiful sunny day.
 I've planted up some veg and salad leaves: Im just hoping they'll grow.
Enjoying some nice salad and 'summer' food.
I've been getting out in the garden. It needs an awful lot doing to it...starting with mowing the lawn!
Making the most of the sunshine and grabbing lunch outside.
Something else planted and will hopefully take hold... This time cowslips.
I've harvested some of my herbs too. They are growing in abundance!
A bunch of lavender ... now drying!
A little more vintage shopping this weekend. This time I managed to pick up a few bargains at a car boot sale.
I decided to give my garden furniture a revamp too.
And I get to spend some time with grandma. What's not to like?
Hope you've had a good week.
x

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Thank goodness the weather is better now so you can get out into the garden and enjoy sitting out there. Love the lavender and your pretty turqoise glass ornaments. We've had salads this week too, I do love 'summer' food:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by. Hopefully the best of the weather is still yet to come and that this hasn't just been 'summer'😋

      Delete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)